According to Google Keyword Planner Tool, it’s up to 10K searches per month.
According to Ahrefs (popular site and keyword analyzing tool), it’s even 15K searches!
It’s Google trends chart that represents an interest to this query during 5 years.
Keep reading and I’ll explain you.
Some programmers even say:
Let’s take a look at the main common things and the main differences.
- Both are programming languages 🙂
- C-like syntax
- “Write once, run anywhere” is a slogan of Java, you can write once in JS and run it on every OS and every browser as well (Hello, Internet Explorer!)
- Both languages are very popular
- JS has dynamic types, Java is a strongly typed language
- Java inheritance is based on classes, JS uses prototypes
- JS is single-threaded, Java supports multithreading
- Java code should be compiled to the bytecode first and then can be executed in Java Virtual Machine (JVM), JS code is simply interpreted in the browser
But at the same time, you have to learn libraries and frameworks related to your language.
If we’re talking about Java usually it’s enough to learn Spring and Hibernate.
It’s old frameworks that are updating every 1-3 year, usually, it’s not so many changes.
Don’t forget about JQuery.
And it’s updating frequently.
AngularJs 1 is completely different from Angular 2.
So you have to learn a new framework every time.
If you’re thinking about a job it’s more or less the same.
Both languages are very popular and really more than enough open positions.
As you see interest to Java is going down, but believe me, you’ll find a job even after 30 years.
It’s more or less the same again.
For example, we can compare average salary in the United States.
This is average frontend developer salary according to PayScale:
And this is an average salary for Java developer in PayScale:
Take a look at both languages first, write few simple programmes and decide what you like more.
If you like to build fancy UI take JS if you don’t like that take Java.
Or use random generator to choose a language 😀
Any questions or suggestions? Please, ask me.