Java Multithreading and Concurrency
This section contains Java multithreading tutorials.
Concurrency in Java is a really big topic.
It consists of:
- Keywords (synchronize, volatile)
- Thread Pools (fixed thread pool, single thread pool, cached thread pool, and scheduled thread pool)
- Future and CompletableFuture
- Atomics (AtomicBoolean, AtomicInteger, AtomicLong, AtomicReference etc.)
- Concurrent collections (ConcurrentHashMap, CopyOnWriteArrayList, CopyOnWriteArraySet etc.)
- Synchronizers (Semaphore, Phaser, CyclicBarrier, Exchanger etc.)
- Locks (ReentrantLock, StampedLock)
- Conditions & wait/notify/notifyAll mechanism
- Fork/Join mechanism
We’re going to cover all the most interesting parts of Java multithreading and concurrency and of course provide you awesome code examples.
Java Memory Model will be covered in this section as well.
Subscribe to our blog and receive notification about new articles.
I hope at the end you’ll know what is a multithreading in Java and can give an answer to every interview question.